10 Απρ 4th Erasmus Mobility Week 2023-European University Cyprus
You are invited to our 4th Erasmus Mobility Week, which will be held in May in Nicosia hosted by European University Cyprus.
The purpose of the week is to provide an excellent international learning environment and networking opportunities for guest staff (administration & faculty), EUC staff and students. The week will also include social and cultural activities that offer participants a taste of Cypriot history and culture.
The number of participants will be limited to 25 and no more than two applicants will be accepted per institution.
If participants are interested in teaching activities during the week, are invited to prepare lectures sessions, based on their academic interests and share them with our Erasmus Academic Coordinators (see below) to further discuss course content issues upon request. In addition, to the teaching sessions, lecturers will be asked to deliver a presentation (5-7 minutes) introducing their university to our students with university’s profile and inform about student exchange opportunities within the Erasmus+ Program.
· SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION: Dr. Cathrin Lazarou C.Lazarou@euc.ac.cy
· SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES, SOCIAL AND EDUCATION SCIENCES: Dr. Dimitra Karoulla-Vrikki D.Karoulla@euc.ac.cy
· SCHOOL OF SCIENCES: Dr. Andreas Stylianou An.Stylianou@euc.ac.cy
· SCHOOL OF LAW: Dr. Thalia Prastitou T.Prastitou@euc.ac.cy
· SCHOOL OF MEDICINE: Medicine Dr. Charalampos Filippou (for preclinical years 1-3) C.Filippou@euc.ac.cy & Dr. Konstantinos Ekmektzoglou (for clinical years 4-6) K.Ekmektzoglou@euc.ac.cy
· SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY: Dr. Elpida-Niki Nikoloussi E.Nikoloussi@euc.ac.cy
Guest lecturers are kindly requested to check the option in the online application form. Please note that May 8th and May12th will be solely dedicated to teaching activity.
Please find below some information about the event:
1. Program: Attached you can find a draft program. Further details will be send at a later stage.
2. Practical information: Attached you can find information about accommodation and airport pick up
3. Social and cultural activities:
· City guided tour: including bus tour around city, walking tour in the old town, dinner at Down town
· Research Awards ceremony will be held at the garden of the Historical Kykkos Monastery Metochi (just across from EUC) followed by live music of EUC band and cocktail reception.
· Day-trip to Larnaca: guided tour of the Historical Church of Saint Lazarus (16th century) and the medieval Castle of Larnaca, Lunch, Free time for activities such as shopping, swimming etc.
4. Research Afternoons: During the week the Research Office will organize two “Research Afternoons” (9th and 10th of May at 15:00- 18:00) where you will have the opportunity to present and promote your ERASMUS+ projects. It is a great opportunity to disseminate and exploit your ERASMUS+ project results, as well as to engage in networking activities with guest participants, EUC faculty and students.
We would like to encourage your participation in this event and invite proposals for the following:
1. Interactive workshops from “Research Afternoons” – Duration = 15-20 minutes
2. Presentations from “Research Afternoons” – Duration = 15-20 minutes
3. Short videos that could be disseminated through big screens in the Foyer (Duration = up to 1-2 minutes)
4. Promotional Material to be exhibited at the EUC Cultural Centre Foyer (e.g., posters, leaflets, booklets, gifts etc)
Descriptions for either type of activity should be provided in the attached form and submitted at the Research Office (email@example.com) by April 24th, 2023 the latest.
Registration form: Please fill the form here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=L1oWcg7p3E6sRKng2RzvMqMzOR2mL-5Cr_F6EbF1wiVUN0RYMlBQVFdPVFRKNEU0WktORTVQTDZDRy4u. Deadline for participations: April 24th, 2023
Participation fee: Participants are encouraged to apply for an Erasmus+ Staff Mobility Grant from their home institutions. There is a registration/participation fee of 100 euro, which includes coffee, lunch, day trip, dinner etc, the procedure for the payment will be sent to you upon approval of your application.
Activity Description – ERASMUS_EUC