30 Aug Update regarding measures against Covid-19
Posted at 11:31h in Announcements
Below you can find information on the latest measures, announced on August 24, 2021, (especially the ones related to you as students) for admission to indoor spaces and testing requirements that go into effect on September 13.
More specifically, as of September 13:
- Unvaccinated university students will be required to pay for two rapid (antigen) tests (10 euros each) per week and upload the result on the government’s Covid platform (foreign citizens without a Greek Social Security Number cannot upload the result on that platform but they will have to present the result whenever needed/ Vaccinated students will have to present the certificate of vaccination or the certificate of recovery).
- Unvaccinated travellers using plane, boat, bus, or train (domestic travelling) will be required to take one rapid (antigen) test 48 hours ahead of travel (self-tests children aged 5-12) at a private health/diagnostic center (10 euros) and upload result on gov.gr. Verification will be conducted at check-in and via the Covid Free app.
- Only vaccinated individuals will have access to public healthcare facilities for free testing.
With regard to access to closed spaces, as of September 13 to March 31, 2022:
- Only those who are fully vaccinated or have proof of recovery will have access to closed spaces including cafés, bars, and restaurants. Verification will take place at the entrance of the establishment via the Covid Free app.
- Indoor sports areas will be open only to the vaccinated or those with proof of recovery. Verification on admission via the Covid Free app.
- Indoor arts and entertainment venues including museums, cinemas, theaters, and archaeological sites, can be accessed by anyone with a negative rapid test taken 48 hours ahead of visit or a Covid-19 vaccination certificate. Verification on admission via the Covid Free app. These establishments can choose to operate as vaccinated-only (at 100 percent capacity) or mixed spaces (at reduced capacity).
- Indoor gyms and sports facilities are open to all provided they have taken an antigen test 48 hours ahead of session or hold a vaccination certificate. Verification on admission via the Covid Free app. They can request of their members to be fully vaccinated or to provide proof of recovery.
- The use of masks will be mandatory for everyone (vaccinated and unvaccinated) in indoor public areas and in outdoor crowded areas.
Penalties for violations include suspension from work, suspension from class (at schools and universities), and ban on movement for travellers.